Hi there. Stirling was nice as well, but I spent most of my time at the Stirling Castle (somewhat accidentally) - Apparently in Scotland daylight savings is at the END of March, so I missed a Castle tour I was trying to make and waited around for the next one.
In Edinburgh I saw yet another castle (getting a little tired of castles, actually, ha ha) and walked around the royal mile and down to Holyrood park. I ate lunch at a fantastic curry shop located underneath the Mosque, yum. And last night I went out to some pubs with a guy from France and a guy from Belgium - I think Guiness does taste different closer to the source, we'll have to see when I get to Ireland. I also have befriended a guy from Japan (via Brazil and London), I've been practicing my phrases on him and we might cook some Japanese food tonight!
Edinburgh is beautiful and medieval looking, I am enjoying just walking around. After my internet break, I am going to walk up to the Botanic Garden - this will finally be one without snow! And I'm still hoping to run across a camera shop somewhere...
Plans for Wales so far: I fly into Cardiff tomorrow, but all the hostels were full so I am going to Bath for two nights to visit Avebury (it's like Stonehenge, but better, I've heard). Then back to Cardiff, and northward through the Brecon Beacons and probably to Aberystwyth before taking a boat to Dublin. I've really enjoyed Scotland but I'm looking forward to staying in a nicer hostel than the budget option in Edinburgh - I might be getting too old for hostel madness, my standards for sanitation have increased a lot since I was 18....
Hope you're all doing well! Love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah, the flexibility of hostel stays. I can't wait to hear about you treading the moors and what's going on in Brecon Beacons and Avebury.
ReplyDeleteHi Love! Sorry we didn't get to talk on the phone yesterday, I was really looking forward to it :( Email me and let me know when you get a card and you can call, I'll be ready for you!
ReplyDeleteI got your postcard in the mail yesterday!!! The picture was beautiful. I put it up on my wall. Thanks for sending it!
I had my first day of sociology today and it was great, I think I'm going to love this quarter, except for getting up earlier :(... I'm going to read a book about violent behavior and a book about cocaine for the class. Sounds exciting!
Glad to hear you are making international friends and having fun. I hope you find a better hostel for next time.
xoxoxo
Parisa